Skip to main content

Tupperware mania


I love Tupperware. My sister got a bunch of "vintage" tupperware pieces from my mom when she helped her move 3 years ago. I didn't go help and so I am being punished for not helping by seeing all the tupperware my sister got from my mom. Mom, I guess, didn't want the golden gems anymore and gave the treasure to Holly. It truly is God's way of saying, "you should have helped your mother." I'm constantly reminded of this when I see HOlly use the useful pieces daily. There is so much to say about Tupperware. It is durable, it comes in so many different shapes, sizes, styles, it is useful, they even have Tupperware toys. So I decided I didn't need to wait until my mom, or mother in law died before I got tupperware......I could BUY it. Yes, yes, This is a new concept for me. You all know I love FREE stuff, so naturally I was going to wait for death to set in, but I decided to take the high road and look on ebay for vintage tupperware. I didn't think there would ever be such a thing for sale, because why would you ever give a treasure like that away. It should be something that is kept in the family for centuries and pasted down like a golden horse or something like that, but who knew? Ebay did have the treasure for sale. It was for sale and it was cheap. I could bid on many different pieces for as low as 99 cents or $3.96 so that is exactly what I did. I started bidding and bidding and bidding. Before I knew it I had bid on 10 items.
NOW THE BAD NEWS>>................. They have a double edge sword to this bidding thing. You can't take your bid back. How was I to know? I couldn't just say, "Oh I was just kidding. I didn't really.. really want that piece." No, you can't do that at ebay. You have to keep to you word and if you win you win, but the second part of the sword is SHIPPING. $$$$$$$$$$ The shipping for the items were more than sometimes double the cost of the actual item. For example, one item that I did win was only 99 cents but the shipping is $8.00 what the $^%$^%$## is that all about?? I have no clue where the tupperware is coming from but I'm pretty sure it is HELL. It costs a lot to ship from there and so the devil adds on all sorts of devilish taxes, fees and surcharges. This is the only explanation I can come up with.

So do you have tupperware? Are you giving it away? Can I have it? IS THERE SHIPPING? Are you the devil?

Comments

Ashly said…
That is really funny Kandy! I'm not even sure I know what vintage tupperware is! YOu'll have to show it to me one day!
Shanna said…
LOL! What the hell is vintage tupperware??? You are such a geek! Go to walmart and buy it! lol But as for the whole ebay thing, I did the same thing! I kept bidding on these childrens books and before I knew it I had bid on like 15 bids. And like you, I had no idea you can't take your bids back! But needless to say, Zayne has lots of book! lol :)
Angie said…
This is the funniest thing I have read FOREVER! Today I needed it too. You are HILarious! Don't be jealous but my mom threw me a tupperware bridal shower......... I have a %&*load of tupperware! I thought it was uber-nerdy until now. Thank you! I will now and forever appreciate it at it's full value.
Deidra said…
Thanks alot....I just peed my pants from laughing so dang hard. You are so funny! Love ya
Smallmans said…
Yes, eBay is full of people trying to make a dime on junk and a fortune on shipping. Sorry you got screwed, but at least all your Kandyland followers (including me) wet our pants laughing so hard!

Popular posts from this blog

Bad decision

So I wax. Do you? What do you wax? Well, I wax my body, well my eyebrows and girly mustache, not those other body parts they do in "Brazil." Any who..... Today was the day. I hadn't waxed in FOREVER and so I decided I'd take a stab at it. I have been doing my own waxing since I got married, I use to live with this wonderful girl, Jamie, and she was a professional, but I got it free. The friendly roommate discount. She did great. She would spend a good 20 min. or more and wax, pluck, and make me a new girl with definition on the brow line. Well, at first I was horrible and took forever. However, through the years and trials, I have gotten better....UNTIL today. I decided to do it at the wrong time and that was the start of a horrible ending to this sad story. Why was the timing wrong you ask? Well, Connelly was awake and getting into, on, around, and breaking EVERYTHING he could find in the bathroom. (Basically, he was eating my tampons and opening up maxi pads one by

Found a home

Bell has found a new home. After I put her up for FREE on ksl.com, I got a ton of calls. The first little old lady that came to look at her snatched her right up. I was really surprised because Bell snapped at her right off, but I guess things are going well now. The lady called me later in the day, and said, "thank you, thank you. Bell is the dog I've waited for my whole life." She said that Bell just followed her around all day and the neighborhood kids love her. I'm so relieved.