Skip to main content

Half Marathon and Triathlon

Okay so I did it. I'm signed up, paid my freaking $60 to run the Ogden Half Marathon in May of 2010. That is crazy. I hate running. I'm better at running than biking and swimming but I still hate running. I said I will never run a 1/2 and somehow I am doing it. It is because Chari made me sign up. I just can't say no. But I told her that she has to do a triathlon with me. I'm going to train for the triathlon and somehow run also a half Marathon.. Let me be clear to everyone. I will hate it and I will NEVER do a full marathon.
So if any of you are out there want to join. COme on. It will be great.

I really hope that I don't ruin this 30 almost 31 year old body. I love it right now. I like running my 2 miles and lifting weights and it works for me. I'm in great shape and I feel good. If I run this thing and ruin this great body and knees There will be HELL to pay. I'm just saying it now.

Comments

Carrie said…
I just registered for it too! Chari reminded me about it. For some reason I didn't think it opened up until a lot later.

I think Robin Walker is thinking about it to. She and I ran it together in 08.
thebriggsfamily said…
Oh stop whining!
By the way, your body isn't that great....hee hee hee
Bonnie said…
You crack me up! I ran my first 1/2in August and I survived. You will be amazing...you always are!! I'm training for another 1/2 but need advice on doing a tri. I suck at swimming.
Angie said…
What the H!! I am so jealous! I am up to 4 miles now though! Aren't you proud!
Emalia said…
Good for you!!! I actually wish is could run it too--crazy i know but I'm itching to start running again and I just had a baby 2 1/2 weeks ago! I wish you luck with your training through the winter (i hated running on a treadmill instead of outdoors) and good luck with the tri.! :-) Miss you
Julie said…
You'll be fine-don't worry. If I can do it pregnant, you can do it anytime! I'm with you though, don't have any desire whatsoever to run a full.

Popular posts from this blog

Bad decision

So I wax. Do you? What do you wax? Well, I wax my body, well my eyebrows and girly mustache, not those other body parts they do in "Brazil." Any who..... Today was the day. I hadn't waxed in FOREVER and so I decided I'd take a stab at it. I have been doing my own waxing since I got married, I use to live with this wonderful girl, Jamie, and she was a professional, but I got it free. The friendly roommate discount. She did great. She would spend a good 20 min. or more and wax, pluck, and make me a new girl with definition on the brow line. Well, at first I was horrible and took forever. However, through the years and trials, I have gotten better....UNTIL today. I decided to do it at the wrong time and that was the start of a horrible ending to this sad story. Why was the timing wrong you ask? Well, Connelly was awake and getting into, on, around, and breaking EVERYTHING he could find in the bathroom. (Basically, he was eating my tampons and opening up maxi pads one by

Found a home

Bell has found a new home. After I put her up for FREE on ksl.com, I got a ton of calls. The first little old lady that came to look at her snatched her right up. I was really surprised because Bell snapped at her right off, but I guess things are going well now. The lady called me later in the day, and said, "thank you, thank you. Bell is the dog I've waited for my whole life." She said that Bell just followed her around all day and the neighborhood kids love her. I'm so relieved.