Skip to main content

Why so much to do a Triathlon?

SO I really want to do a triathlon again. I looked into doing the one in Logan on June 20th. It would be fun and not too far away. I have never done one in open water before and I know Hyrum Damn and Feel comfortable there so I think it would be a good one to do, but WHY SO MUCH? I know the real reasons, like they have to pay people to put the thing together and have it all sanctioned officially , but $60 to work out? I could do it myself for free. It wouldn't be the same though. You don't have the drive and adrenaline rush as you do when you are in an official race. Plus you don't get the t-shirt!! LOL. It is $60 to do the race, plus gas and time. Why can't they do it FREE. I love free. I guess I'll have to do a free one on my own one Saturday. I'll have Nate dress up and but some official tie or something one and so "GO" and then time me or something to that effect. I just can't do the whole $60. I know there is one in August at the rec. center at Alta View Canyon but that is a pool swim, but I think it is $30. I little more reasonable. Maybe I should just start putting my own together and doing them myself and other friends? Who would like to participate in the first Annual triathlon put one by me? If I get at least five takers, I'll do it.

Some other things. Connelly is sick. Stuffy, sore throat, cough. So that is sad. I am going to Wicked on Sunday, Friday I am going to my favorite comedian, Greg Hahn and then Saturday I'm going to Logan, kid free, to have a high school girlfriend reunion. We are going to have a day full of sports: Hiking, running, biking, and tennis and then we are going to give each other a good massage and eat!!!! Then Monday morning I have my final in my anatomy class!!! I will be done with school for the summer after Monday at 9:00 am and then off for 3 months and then in the fall hit the books hard for 15 months straight and then GRADUATION!!!!!!!! That will be a long 15 months, but at least it is only 15 months.

Comments

Shanna said…
once again you are making me laugh! I can just see you making Nate do that so that you can do it for free! lol Just quite wining and pay the 60 bucks! You really enjoy those things and you can do it for yourself once a year! You deserve something for yourself. :) Sorry Connely is sick. Zayne is just getting better with the same thing. It sucks.
thebriggsfamily said…
Welcome to the sick club! Me and the kids are still sick. It sucks. Anwyay, seriously, if you put on a triathalon, I will do it! But if we swim deep lake I will need a floating device.
Oh and by the way, I don't like your background. Please change it because I don't think I can stand to look at it anymore. My eyes!..oh the pain...must...go..
Smallmans said…
I'll do one with you!

And I'll have your t-shirt printed for you -
Registration: $0
Facility: $annual membership
T-shirt: $5
Planning my own triathalon because I'm cheap: priceless.
Rachelle said…
ill make dave do your triathalon and ill come help hand out water!

Popular posts from this blog

Bad decision

So I wax. Do you? What do you wax? Well, I wax my body, well my eyebrows and girly mustache, not those other body parts they do in "Brazil." Any who..... Today was the day. I hadn't waxed in FOREVER and so I decided I'd take a stab at it. I have been doing my own waxing since I got married, I use to live with this wonderful girl, Jamie, and she was a professional, but I got it free. The friendly roommate discount. She did great. She would spend a good 20 min. or more and wax, pluck, and make me a new girl with definition on the brow line. Well, at first I was horrible and took forever. However, through the years and trials, I have gotten better....UNTIL today. I decided to do it at the wrong time and that was the start of a horrible ending to this sad story. Why was the timing wrong you ask? Well, Connelly was awake and getting into, on, around, and breaking EVERYTHING he could find in the bathroom. (Basically, he was eating my tampons and opening up maxi pads one by

Found a home

Bell has found a new home. After I put her up for FREE on ksl.com, I got a ton of calls. The first little old lady that came to look at her snatched her right up. I was really surprised because Bell snapped at her right off, but I guess things are going well now. The lady called me later in the day, and said, "thank you, thank you. Bell is the dog I've waited for my whole life." She said that Bell just followed her around all day and the neighborhood kids love her. I'm so relieved.