Skip to main content

Bad decision




So I wax. Do you? What do you wax? Well, I wax my body, well my eyebrows and girly mustache, not those other body parts they do in "Brazil." Any who.....
Today was the day. I hadn't waxed in FOREVER and so I decided I'd take a stab at it. I have been doing my own waxing since I got married, I use to live with this wonderful girl, Jamie, and she was a professional, but I got it free. The friendly roommate discount. She did great. She would spend a good 20 min. or more and wax, pluck, and make me a new girl with definition on the brow line. Well, at first I was horrible and took forever. However, through the years and trials, I have gotten better....UNTIL today. I decided to do it at the wrong time and that was the start of a horrible ending to this sad story. Why was the timing wrong you ask? Well, Connelly was awake and getting into, on, around, and breaking EVERYTHING he could find in the bathroom. (Basically, he was eating my tampons and opening up maxi pads one by one. Among other things he could find under the sink.) So my excuse for this horrific tragedy is I was rushed and distracted. As you can see my eyebrows are basically gone on the right side and totally discombobulated on both sides. Neither side matches and this is the ending result. I can't fix it and I just have to wait for them to grow back, and try again. To tell you the truth, this isn't the first time, and I doubt it will be the last. I know most of you are thinking, "Kandy, quit being so cheap and pay for the freaking eyebrows to get waxed." And to all of you, this is what I say, "NO. I'm going to stay "frugal" and just live with my ugly self for a few weeks until they grow back.

Comments

Jenny said…
Kandy!

your cheapness is one of the many reasons I love you! I have also had some hygiene tragedies due to a mischievous little monster getting into anything and everything in sight! In fact my kitchen table chairs are all laying down or she will move them and use them to climb up things...so im surprised you have any eye brows left...lol
Shanna said…
Oh you have no idea how hard I am laughing right now!!! Those pics are KILLING me! Why not just try plucking them and not waxing??? lol I seriously and laughing so hard. I miss my little CHEAP Kandy. lol Come visit me!!! :) And right away so I can laugh at your eyebrows. :)
Carrie said…
Oh that is too funny! I think you will soon be BFF with a brow pencil!!!
Smallmans said…
OMW (Utah here: Oh My Word!) There is nothing worse than wearing your own personal mistakes! Like the time I waxed my bikini line and showed up at the pool with massive black-and-blue bruises on the insides of my thighs. Shudder! You're right though, cheap is cheap. Call me next time and I'll bbsit! FREE!
thebriggsfamily said…
After you told me your story at church, I had to come take a peak at the pictures. Ha ha!
You should wax what's remaining and then pencil them in. You mentioned you don't have any eyeliner, but I bet a marker would do. Oh! And I have some stencils somewhere, I bet we could find a good design. j/k
Anyway, I love that you posted this. And by the way, you do not look ugly, even with half an eyebrow :)
Rachelle said…
i could never wax myself, you are a brave woman. i too get my brow and stache done, however i did the brazil thing once and WOW that hurt soooo bad i wont be visiting south america anymore.
Deidra said…
I love you and you kill me! I waxed a while ago (which I have been doing) and I messed up do to deistraction also....so short story long....I have two bald spots on my eyebrows that look amazing. I found out that if you don't know what you are doing.....your eyebrows may not grow back! Crazy huh. They only charge 6 bucks here.....maybe your should come up more often and have Angela do it for you! I love ya
Rex.Moldy Blog said…
You make me laugh!!!!! I do my own waxing too because I HATE paying for it and I feel like they don't do much of a great job! This is my WORST nightmare! But ya know....you still look beautiful! Love ya!
Scott and Jetti said…
That is the funniest thing I have heard or seen in a long time!! You crack me up! I can totally picture you freaking out while your baby is eating yummy tampons and you have wax every where! haha... good times. Good luck with that! Does Nate think your sexy!?
Angie said…
You are a SERious scream, girl! I really think that this is one thing that you could splurge on!!!! I don't think that you can trust yourself to do it anymore.
Keelee said…
Are....You....Serious?? You said it was bad, but I didn't realize I guess, haha. That's pretty damn funny girl.

Popular posts from this blog

Found a home

Bell has found a new home. After I put her up for FREE on ksl.com, I got a ton of calls. The first little old lady that came to look at her snatched her right up. I was really surprised because Bell snapped at her right off, but I guess things are going well now. The lady called me later in the day, and said, "thank you, thank you. Bell is the dog I've waited for my whole life." She said that Bell just followed her around all day and the neighborhood kids love her. I'm so relieved.