Skip to main content

Mt. Timpanogas Cave


We finally can say that we hiked to Mt. Timpanogas Cave. We went with some friends and took Connelly and Dallynn. Connelly we hiked up with a hiking pack and then had to carry him all the way through the cave. That was a nightmare. Our friends little boy and Connelly cried and were horrible the whole hike. I didn't hear anything the tour guide said and I don't know if anyone else on the tour did either. I'm sure that the other people not in our party hated us and wished they would have picked another time without little crying kids on it. Oh well. We are in Utah and I doubt that we are the first tour that had little crying kids on it.

The hike up there is one steep mile and a half. You gain 1,100 ft in a mile and a half and it feels like it. Nate packed Connelly in the whole way, but I helped our friend hike up one of their kids on the back and that is so hard. I was sweating in every crevasse. I guess I got my work out for the day.

Nate really got a good work out today because besides the hike he also went golfing earlier in the day. It was one full day, but totally worth it. The outdoors are amazing and so fun to be in the American Fork Canyon. After the hike we had a picnic and played and visited. The kids and us are so tired we are going to have to take it easy tomorrow.

Comments

Smallmans said…
I'm so glad to have an update on where your sweat was. If we take the boys to Timpanogos, I'm leaving Emma home!
Jenny said…
Well you dont tell a pregnant woman no...lol...so we got ice cream!

Isnt Echo where you me and kami (plus the men) went boating? Im pretty sure it was...and I drove all that way and hay would not let us boat so we left?

Popular posts from this blog

Bad decision

So I wax. Do you? What do you wax? Well, I wax my body, well my eyebrows and girly mustache, not those other body parts they do in "Brazil." Any who..... Today was the day. I hadn't waxed in FOREVER and so I decided I'd take a stab at it. I have been doing my own waxing since I got married, I use to live with this wonderful girl, Jamie, and she was a professional, but I got it free. The friendly roommate discount. She did great. She would spend a good 20 min. or more and wax, pluck, and make me a new girl with definition on the brow line. Well, at first I was horrible and took forever. However, through the years and trials, I have gotten better....UNTIL today. I decided to do it at the wrong time and that was the start of a horrible ending to this sad story. Why was the timing wrong you ask? Well, Connelly was awake and getting into, on, around, and breaking EVERYTHING he could find in the bathroom. (Basically, he was eating my tampons and opening up maxi pads one by

Found a home

Bell has found a new home. After I put her up for FREE on ksl.com, I got a ton of calls. The first little old lady that came to look at her snatched her right up. I was really surprised because Bell snapped at her right off, but I guess things are going well now. The lady called me later in the day, and said, "thank you, thank you. Bell is the dog I've waited for my whole life." She said that Bell just followed her around all day and the neighborhood kids love her. I'm so relieved.