Skip to main content

No credit cards!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So I have been in Bear Lake area for two weeks now. Nate and I came here for my annual Crane family reunion. We stayed an extra week to do things in this area for a vacation. Well, everything we had planned failed!! Bear Lake doesn't know what a credit card is and also they don't know how to stay OPEN for people to shop. Montpelier only has one grocery store, and they aren't open all the time. We drove clear over to Afton, WY, on a Monday, they were closed MONDAY's.

We usually pay for everything on credit card and they pay it off at the end of the month. Well the following places don't accept credit cards: Minnetoka Cave, the antique shop in Paris, the county assessors office in Paris, Family Dollar in Montpelier and I'm sure there is more. It has been so frustrating.

I wanted to go boating and the boat needed to be fixed. I spent three days doing that and then I didn't have a driver, flagger, or baby sitter. So I've been here two weeks and I haven't gotten to go boating. I went to the lake twice already but with no boat. The North Jetty where it is closest to launch the boat is closed still because Utah Power is still pumping water into the lake, and what else has gone wrong? I'm sure I'll think of some.

However even though I've had some disappointments it has been so nice to stay in my hometown and visit and relax. Things just move slower here and it is nice. I've gotten to visit a ton with old friends and went for several horseback rides and moved cows with my dad. I've gotten to really visit with my parents and have some good long talks with them. I feel like I know them and what their lives are like again. I also feel they have gotten to know me and my baby Connelly alot.

Comments

Ashly said…
How fun - - kind of. I know what you are saying about the inconvenience of place like that. It's a different pace. We were at our cabin last weekend. We should have met in Afton for fish and chocolate!!
Jenny said…
Wow...I would not have made it without using my credit card, I loose cash so I never have any...well I just never have any ha ha!

I miss ya!

Hey I applied at the lab corp right by me...keep your fingers crossed for me!

Popular posts from this blog

Bad decision

So I wax. Do you? What do you wax? Well, I wax my body, well my eyebrows and girly mustache, not those other body parts they do in "Brazil." Any who..... Today was the day. I hadn't waxed in FOREVER and so I decided I'd take a stab at it. I have been doing my own waxing since I got married, I use to live with this wonderful girl, Jamie, and she was a professional, but I got it free. The friendly roommate discount. She did great. She would spend a good 20 min. or more and wax, pluck, and make me a new girl with definition on the brow line. Well, at first I was horrible and took forever. However, through the years and trials, I have gotten better....UNTIL today. I decided to do it at the wrong time and that was the start of a horrible ending to this sad story. Why was the timing wrong you ask? Well, Connelly was awake and getting into, on, around, and breaking EVERYTHING he could find in the bathroom. (Basically, he was eating my tampons and opening up maxi pads one by

Found a home

Bell has found a new home. After I put her up for FREE on ksl.com, I got a ton of calls. The first little old lady that came to look at her snatched her right up. I was really surprised because Bell snapped at her right off, but I guess things are going well now. The lady called me later in the day, and said, "thank you, thank you. Bell is the dog I've waited for my whole life." She said that Bell just followed her around all day and the neighborhood kids love her. I'm so relieved.