Skip to main content

2020 Update on kids and life

This year the kids did home school from March 2020 until the end of the school year. It was crazy. I would have never known the words Pandemic or Social distancing until 2020. We ended up playing games every night for about 4 hours at the beginning of the pandemic. We made it through the school year. Then we started school in the fall with in person class and we have been so lucky to get through to Christmas break with no breaks from school and we even went five days aweek. Connelly is in 7th grade this fall. He is doing good with all A's so far. He thought he had a B in one class the first term and miracle of all miracles somehow it turned to an A- last minute. He was promised a phone if he gets straight A's for the next two years, 7th and 8th grade. He has worked really had on keeping an eye on his grades. He really is a good kid. I love him so much. He loves to Ski, Ninja, and ride my new mountain bike. I will need to get him a mountain bike next year. We sold his old bike. He rode mine a couple of times and really liked the full suspension feel. He likes to play stinkin' video games. I hate that. I wish he didn't but he saved his money and bought his own Nintendo switch and also an Xbox. Kate is in 3rd grade this fall. She is doing well. She loves school and her friends. She formed a "Do Nothing club" I can't believe her. She said to me this summer, "I would hike with you but I'm a sitter!" She kills me. I hope that she turns into a doer not a sitter. She is taking piano lessons and does well but fights me everyday to practice. She likes to fight over everything. She also did cross country and did well. So did Connelly. They both improved their times each race. Kate ski's and is good. She prefers to go with a friend. She doesn't like to go with me. Nate has had a rough year. He was let go in May from his job at instructure. He was unemployed from May until December 14th. He just got a job out of Austin, TX with Q2! He can work 100% remote so we luckily don't have to move. He was able to build his cousin Chris's home this summer while unemployeed. He liked that. He loves to frame anyways but he also golfed everyday while down in Richfield. He GOLFED all summer. I don't think he has ever golfed as much as 2020. He was able to be home with the kids while I worked full time and spend some good quality time with them. Therefore they weren't home alone all school year and summer. It acutally worked out nice. I am so glad he was able to find a job though. It was wearing on both of us. I hiked away 2020. I also got injured Mountain biking in July. Therefore I decided I wanted a new bike anyways so I sold my first mountain bike while I was healing. I ended up buying a new bike to me, used. I love it. Its so nice. The componets are sweet and top quality. I was able to ride it in park city, St. George and around Ogden. For a family trip this summer we did a Van trip through Colorado to Texas and back. It was a blast. We just camped in the van with Nate, Connelly, Kate, and the dogs, Ace and Ginger and myself. It was fun to mountain bike and hike all over. We went to Crested Butte, Ouray, Telluride, Silverton, Durango, Pagosa springs, Amarillo Texas, Estes Park, Colorado Springs and all the places inbetween. We would pull over where ever we made it that night and set up camp. I loved Telluride and Ouray. So pretty. I think it might be one of my favorite memories. For Thanksgiving this year we went with the Kennedy's on a road trip through Idaho to Oregon. We went to three different natural hot springs, three caves, and then 2 waterfalls and a hike to an amazing Blue Pool. We ate Thanksgiving lunch at Galena lodge outside of Sun Valley, ID. No cooking and just exploring! I hope to keep blogging and writing these memories. I love to look back and remember what we have done. I feel rich becuase of all I have been blessed with in life. I have a great family. Supportive family and friends. I love to get outside and expore and have fun. I enjoy seeing my kids do the same thing. Camping, exploring and discovering new places makes me happy. I have season passes and have for years to Snowbasin. It makes winter so fun. In a post from 2011 I said I wish I was rich and had a season pass. Well, I am!!! I truely have loved 2020 and all the things that we were able to do together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad decision

So I wax. Do you? What do you wax? Well, I wax my body, well my eyebrows and girly mustache, not those other body parts they do in "Brazil." Any who..... Today was the day. I hadn't waxed in FOREVER and so I decided I'd take a stab at it. I have been doing my own waxing since I got married, I use to live with this wonderful girl, Jamie, and she was a professional, but I got it free. The friendly roommate discount. She did great. She would spend a good 20 min. or more and wax, pluck, and make me a new girl with definition on the brow line. Well, at first I was horrible and took forever. However, through the years and trials, I have gotten better....UNTIL today. I decided to do it at the wrong time and that was the start of a horrible ending to this sad story. Why was the timing wrong you ask? Well, Connelly was awake and getting into, on, around, and breaking EVERYTHING he could find in the bathroom. (Basically, he was eating my tampons and opening up maxi pads one by

Found a home

Bell has found a new home. After I put her up for FREE on ksl.com, I got a ton of calls. The first little old lady that came to look at her snatched her right up. I was really surprised because Bell snapped at her right off, but I guess things are going well now. The lady called me later in the day, and said, "thank you, thank you. Bell is the dog I've waited for my whole life." She said that Bell just followed her around all day and the neighborhood kids love her. I'm so relieved.