Skip to main content

The curse of Noxzema

Noxzema and I have never seen eye to eye. This is something I forgot about until my cousin Deidra recently brought the curse back with full vengeance. It all started many many years ago at girls camp. Deidra reminded me of it and said the evil word and now it is back 15 or so years later.......
Years ago, I think I must have been 15 or so, Deidra, Adri (my best friend), and I were at girls camp. It was night time, and I was about to wash my face. Adri asked me why I brought Noxzema to wash my face. She said, "you know what happens to you when you wash your face with Noxzema.!" Deidra asked, "What happens to you when you use Noxzema?" I began to explain that every time that I used Noxzema to wash my face I would start my period. So of course Deidra didn't believe me and she grabbed the Noxzema out of my hand and put some on her fingers and smeared my face with the evil Noxzema. Sure enough 3 hours later that evening I started my period. Needless to say, I don't know why, but I don't use Noxzema to wash my face.
Here it is 15 years later, I haven't said the word "Noxzema", used the stuff, or thought of the stuff in years. Why would I? It is evil and begins my periods. Well, if you look at the post below this, I have something on my face. I commented about my cousin Monica and I doing facials. Deidra, my other cousin, put a comment about how it was probably "NOXZEMA." I read her comment and remembered what she was talking about. I had a good laugh and then THE NEXT DAY I STARTED MY PERIOD. Not only has the curse elevated a level but it is back with a vengeance. Remind you I am breast feeding and was pregnant, so periods are a new thing for me.
How can it be you ask? It is true. I haven't made any of this up. I swear to you Noxzema and I don't get a long. I know, I know... It is simply impossible, but could it be true? It has to be. What are the chances I read the word and start my period the next day after about 9 months of pregnancy and 9 months of breast feeding. This is a fact and I am sticking to it. Noxzema starts my periods!!

Comments

Shanna said…
You are such a nerd! I read your post to Ty and we are laughing so hard! I'm sorry you get your period evertime you use or read about the face wash. lol Good luck getting your periods again. it sucks. lol
Rex.Moldy Blog said…
You make me laugh! How and what is Adri doing these days anyway?
Rachelle said…
well you got me, im staying away from the stuff.
Denise said…
This post is hysterical, Kandy! I've never heard of the curse of the Noxzema but I too am staying away. I love your family picture at the top and your background is so cute. And P.S. I was so jealous when Holly informed me on Sunday that you were going to Wicked!!!!! 3 hours on the phone for the tickets, well I guess you earned them! I'm still jealous though.

Popular posts from this blog

Bad decision

So I wax. Do you? What do you wax? Well, I wax my body, well my eyebrows and girly mustache, not those other body parts they do in "Brazil." Any who..... Today was the day. I hadn't waxed in FOREVER and so I decided I'd take a stab at it. I have been doing my own waxing since I got married, I use to live with this wonderful girl, Jamie, and she was a professional, but I got it free. The friendly roommate discount. She did great. She would spend a good 20 min. or more and wax, pluck, and make me a new girl with definition on the brow line. Well, at first I was horrible and took forever. However, through the years and trials, I have gotten better....UNTIL today. I decided to do it at the wrong time and that was the start of a horrible ending to this sad story. Why was the timing wrong you ask? Well, Connelly was awake and getting into, on, around, and breaking EVERYTHING he could find in the bathroom. (Basically, he was eating my tampons and opening up maxi pads one by

Found a home

Bell has found a new home. After I put her up for FREE on ksl.com, I got a ton of calls. The first little old lady that came to look at her snatched her right up. I was really surprised because Bell snapped at her right off, but I guess things are going well now. The lady called me later in the day, and said, "thank you, thank you. Bell is the dog I've waited for my whole life." She said that Bell just followed her around all day and the neighborhood kids love her. I'm so relieved.