Skip to main content

Stories of a wondering Mind

I have been thinking lately about life and where I'm headed. I hope I'm headed down a path of happiness but only I decide that. I am going to school at Salt Lake Community College and have decided to go into their continuing education program of "Diagnostic Medical Sonography." aka: Ultra sounds. I would be the person you go to for a pelvic/abdominal or obstetrical Ultrasound. I could work at a hosptial, off-site office or a doctors office. I think I would like it. I like doing x-rays at my work right now becuase I get to call the patients back and do the x-ray on them. So I would be calling back patients doing ultrasounds on them. The doctor would read the ultrasound and be the final say but I would do the work. It is a job that I think I would like and feel like it is a worth while job. I wouldn't be imbarrassed to say what my profession is.

Right now I'm imbarrassed about my profession. I'm a medical assistant. You see all those ads about going back to "steven's henegar" or places like that to be a medical assistant. DON'T do it!! It is a job of a dope. Any one could do my job. I just call back patients, get a weight and blood pressure. Go over their meds and then slam the door shut. It doesn't pay good and I feel like I'm not smart and not doing anything. I don't know what half the meds are and what they are for. Yes, I know more than the average joe because I'm around it all day, but I'm no Registared Nurse or Doctor for that matter. I want to do something better. So, I'm hoping that is what schooling is going to do for me.

I have three more classes, each has to be taken separately and so I have 3 more semesters and I'll be able to apply for the program at SLCC, but then it is two full years in the program. So if I stay on track in 2012, age 34, I'll finally be a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer. My mom said she would help he with the financial part, which is a huge relief, but that still doesn't help me study and get good grades. I am obsessed with my grades. I got my first A- last semester so that ruined my perfect 4.0 but I still have a 3.9. I am in physics right now, and then next semester-FALL, I will be taking Dance 1010 and Biology 1610 and a lab with the BIOL class. Hope I can mustard up enough energy for all the classes, work Thurs, and Friday and still breast feed every three hours.

Speaking of breast feeding, it is going good, but Connelly is a stinker. He won't bottle feed. He needs to start doing it because in Aug. I am filling in at work for a whole week for a lady and he will starve. He is pretty chuncky and so I doubt he will starve but you never know. He is my little Chuncky Monkey. I love him. Especially right now, because he is in his swing and sleeping. That is when I really love him. HA HA

So back to I have been thinking about my life and happiness and all that.... I think life is great. It isn't what I imagined but it is good. When you are little and imagine your life, you have a small small scope. Now that I realize money, school, family, and all the unmentioned are factors in the REAL world, I know that my idea of life when I was little is false. I use to say that I would never get old, sore, weak, tired, lazy, achy bones.... However life happens and I do get older, more sore, weaker, more tired, and achy. I can't say lazy because I'm more active now than ever with all I have to do. I am more compassionate towards elderly people that complain about their aches and sores because I know one day, unfortunatly, that will be me. Even though I have a hard time believing it..even as I write it. But I see that I can't stop time and time just keeps getting the better of me and my good figure, young skin, and perky breasts. These things might just be a thing of the past.........But then again there is always plastic surgery.

Comments

Carrie said…
I hear you ... I am still trying to figure out what I am going to be when I grow up! 34 is not old at all, you are totally on track! Taylor went back when he was 27 and was discouraged thinking, I'm going to be 30 when I graduate! I told him he would turn 30 either way, would you want to be 30 with no education or 30 and a graduate?!?
LACEY said…
Kandy I understand what you mean. But I also think your being a little hard on yourself. I think its awesome that you want to further your education, your smart and will go far. As for your figure I think you look pretty freakin awesome. But if the day comes when you decided to get plastic surgery call me and we can do it together! Lacey
Angie said…
Kandy, I just turned 35 and I still don't know what I wan't to be when I grow up, so you are further ahead than me!!!! Love Ang
Carrie said…
I don't have your email address, but if you're free on Friday, come bring the kids to the park ...

Draper City Park - 12500 South 1300 East
Friday August 1, 2008 - 11am
Bring a picnic lunch if you'd like

Also, if you want, send me your email address (CarrieKeele@gmail.com) and I'll add you to my email list. I am thinking of planning play dates (informal meet at the park types) once a week through the summer and 1-2 times a month during the school year!

Carrie
Emalia said…
Hahaha yes there is always plastic surgery and I don't know about you but I'm totally planning on a boob job after I'm done having kids. Good for you for continuing your education!! It'll be hard but worth it. Keep up the breastfeeding it's also often times hard but worth it.
Shanna said…
Oh Kandy how you crack me up. And as far as the plastic surgery..I am in! Lets go get some new boobies together. You'll want them when you done breast feeding. They go all saggy on ya. Sorry to disapoint you with more bad news. :)
Jenny said…
Reading that made me feel like even more of a looser!

I can not believe how big your baby is! He has to be the cutest little boy I have ever seen! no joke!!

Call me we can do a cheap lunch sometime!

Popular posts from this blog

Bad decision

So I wax. Do you? What do you wax? Well, I wax my body, well my eyebrows and girly mustache, not those other body parts they do in "Brazil." Any who..... Today was the day. I hadn't waxed in FOREVER and so I decided I'd take a stab at it. I have been doing my own waxing since I got married, I use to live with this wonderful girl, Jamie, and she was a professional, but I got it free. The friendly roommate discount. She did great. She would spend a good 20 min. or more and wax, pluck, and make me a new girl with definition on the brow line. Well, at first I was horrible and took forever. However, through the years and trials, I have gotten better....UNTIL today. I decided to do it at the wrong time and that was the start of a horrible ending to this sad story. Why was the timing wrong you ask? Well, Connelly was awake and getting into, on, around, and breaking EVERYTHING he could find in the bathroom. (Basically, he was eating my tampons and opening up maxi pads one by

Found a home

Bell has found a new home. After I put her up for FREE on ksl.com, I got a ton of calls. The first little old lady that came to look at her snatched her right up. I was really surprised because Bell snapped at her right off, but I guess things are going well now. The lady called me later in the day, and said, "thank you, thank you. Bell is the dog I've waited for my whole life." She said that Bell just followed her around all day and the neighborhood kids love her. I'm so relieved.